Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Updates

Work Life
I'm finishing up my last week at the elementary school this week as an interventionist. The sad part is that I feel like I'm just figuring out how to do my job effectively. I'm also going to miss my kids. Yesterday, one of my fourth graders gave me a little note on a scrap of paper saying he really liked my class. Today another of my fourth graders gave me a rock. Hey, it's a gift, right?
I won't be leaving the school though because I've been asked to stay on to do some modified testing for the school. I was trained today. It's a bit intimidating because if you do something wrong, they can put you in prison! Yikes. This is serious business.

Home Life
Things at the house are going fine. I'm never quite sure when to expect to see my housemate, but we get along fine.

Social Life
Last night I went to watch some of the senior presentations at Model. It was cool to be back and to see how far these kids have come. When I left, they were struggling to understand the purpose of a thesis statement and it was pulling teeth to get them to talk in class. They are now writing 20 page papers and giving formal presentations. It's kinda cool. I think I'm going to go back for some more of the presentations.

I'm not really sure that I have anything else to report.

Granny Eyre

No comments: