Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Happy Blog-iversary!

First of all...

 Happy 1st Anniversary Tidbits From TwentySomethings! 


I just realized that exactly one year ago Granny Eyre made the first post on our blog. I'm really excited that we have stuck with this for a whole year and have been fairly dedicated to keeping it up-to-date. I hope we can continue to keep it that way. I have never written on a blog so this has been a new experience for me, and I really enjoy it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to my blog post...It's the 21st day of my summer break. It's been great!! I've been getting into a variety of activities including seeing some really great new movies, shopping with my Mamma, going riding, fishing and more.

My beau and I don't go to the movies often, but we do enjoy going to the theater occasionally when there's a movie we're wanting to see. This weekend we set a record, we went to see a movie on Friday night and then went again, to a different theater, on Saturday night. First-run movie theaters are expensive, but it is so nice to kick back in their comfy chairs in the chilled room and watch a movie on the big screen. We saw Tommorowland and Age of Adaline. They were both Awesome!

Tommorowland just came out last week. Most people know I have an obsession with Disney and this Disney movie didn't disappoint. It's a really cool story; the actors are good, the videography is cool and the way the story unfolds keeps you wanting to know more. I'll just let you watch the trailer here to find out more about the story. I recommend that you see it if you're into Disney and/or sci-fi.

Age of Adaline has been in theaters for a month now. Blake Lively (who I love from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies) plays the main character. She is stuck at age 29 and she lives nearly a century being the same age; her appearance stays the same, her body remains functioning like a 29-year-old's body would, while everyone around her ages normally. It's full of history, love and romance. We actually saw the 9:55 PM showtime and I stayed awake through the entire movie (well...at the very end I may have drifted off for a couple of minutes), but still...that's really saying something for me! It was that good! I liked this even better than Tommorowland! The trailer is here. Seriously, you should see this movie! Have you seen any really great movies recently? 

In other news, I have been spending some time outside with my beau. We went riding his four-wheeler down in this picturesque creek/wooded property called "Jig-Water". He drove his old farm truck down there with the four-wheeler in the back. It was very bumpy and rough at times. We rode down a rocky road and parked beside the creek. Then we took the 4-wheeler out and rode around the woods and through the creek for a couple of hours. It was awesome! When we were finished, we loaded back up and crossed the creek and drove to town to get wings for dinner. It was pretty neat and it was a beautiful creek. Plus, riding is really fun! 
Last weekend we went fishing. It was another beautiful outdoor adventure. We were at a pond, on a gorgeous, hilly piece of land (my neighbor's). We caught several large blue-gill and a couple of bass. It was a successful fishing trip; although we didn't keep them because we had told my neighbor's we wouldn't be. It would have made a delicious meal though!  


See Nova in the weeds there?
I've been trying to take more walks, both with others and with the dogs. It's been really great weather for being outside too! I hope it stays like this for a while longer. Speaking of which, I hope the weather is lovely for the 5th annual Twenty-Somethings camping trip! 

Adios Folks! 
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: