Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Friday, November 7, 2014

-ing

I'm stealing this idea from a blog I recently started following. I thought it was a nice approach to a post. Also, I apologize in advance for any grammatical or punctuation errors. I am not proofreading this before I post. My bed and PJs are calling my name. Anyways, here goes! Enjoy.

Thinking... about how thankful I am to have such a wonderful mommy, as I just finished conversing with her on the telly. I am appreciative of our long talks with one another and the positive example she has set for me.

Feeling... pretty worn out. Today is Friday. A day where one typically takes the night off to relax and spend time with others. Today, I have had the pleasure of being very involved with a paper the majority of the day. When I haven't been slaving over my keyboard, I have been thinking about how I must return to it. Blargh.

Watching... my husband freak out because his cellular device may have Lollipop 5.0, the newest version of Android. Plus, he was linked in an ars technica article because he his device happened to be one of the first it got pushed to. He's definitely feeling like a kid in a candy store. See what I did there?

Excited... for the holidays! Although I think I've already expressed this in a previous post, I can't wait to spend time with family and friends this holiday season. I am blessed to have the close knit network that I do but I haven't got to spend nearly enough time with some of my nearest and dearest family members.

Missing... the warm weather already. Although I am ecstatic about almost everything from November to January (including the snow!), the cold weather + the torturous wind makes it hard to get out of my super cozy, heated blanket bed. Bring on the hot chocolate and [simulated*] fires.

*Truth: Hubs and I often play an app on our TV that looks, pops, and crackles like a fireplace fire.

Reading... lots of articles and notes about occupation, forearm and hand anatomy notes, blogs, and recipes!

Wondering... why I haven't went to bed yet. My eyes are sooo heavy. Also, what my work schedule for December is going to be. It may be my first time working on the holidays which I have mixed feelings about.

Working... on being less anxious and more relaxed, worrying less, getting plenty of rest, my Christmas shopping list (yes, I've purchased a few things already), and a dreadful life narrative paper.

Stressed... Let's not use that word. Being positive and opportunistic is an approach I'm trying to implement in my life.

Proud... of my sister for being able to manage everything on her plate this semester and remain sane. There are several more things but my brain is trying to shut down on me. Forgive it. Oh, of myself for making this post. Major accomplishment. Plus, two in a row. Beat that.

Wanting... a brand new car! It's much more exciting if you read it in the voice of Bob Barker by the way. And I'm only kidding. Who can afford that? Seriously. What I'm really wanting is warmth, rest, then several days to cook lots and lots of food! I have so many recipes waiting for me and no time to make them. Sigh.

Loving... Oh goodness. Throwing out the L-word. 1.) My husband for being such great support and letting me unload so many feels these past few weeks. It's been rough folks and he has truly been here to help pull me through. 2.) Sweet potatoes. I have been eating the heck out of them. 3.) Our mailman. He has been bringing so many exciting packages and notes our way recently. 4.) The Hypnotic candle we purchased at the Berea soap shop. It's almost burnt out-hint, hint!

Thanking... you all for finding creative ways for us to keep in touch and have a little fun. There's rarely a dull moment. That's for sure.

Enjoy your weekend! Goodnight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really, really <3 this post! You've inspired me to write one this cute soon!
Also, can I come over when you try out all those recipes!!? :)

Megan F. said...

Thanks Ella! And of course. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I'll let you know!