Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, November 10, 2014

Another Random Update

Not much real exciting has been happening around here lately, which is one of the main reasons why I haven't been posting on the blog very often. Since graduation, I hardly ever get on my laptop, which makes it more difficult to stay in touch with everything that is going on. Now that I am finished making excuses, here are a few random comments about my life right now: 
  1. I went to a few of the Homecoming activities this past weekend and decided that it feels weird to be back on campus. I didn't know many of the faces that I saw, and the ones I did recognize would make a little small talk and then walk away without saying anything. It was awkward, and I felt out of place. I realize now that some people are not meant to stay in your life forever and to be very grateful for those who are. As my dad always says, "If you have one true friend, then you have more than your share". I am lucky to have a great group of girls that I can call my true friends.
  2. A lady mistook Tim to be my dad yesterday. He was talking to her about how he was so far away from home because he came to visit me. She said, "Your daugher?". He was like, "Actually, she's my girlfriend". I could tell that the lady was mortified, but I felt a little insulted because she told him that I looked like I was about 13 years old! I guess it isn't a bad thing to look young, but I feel like nobody takes me seriously, because a) I'm female and b) I look younger than I actually am.  It's starting to drive me nuts. And yes, there is about an 8 year age difference between us, but still...he is nowhere near old enough to be my dad! (end rant). 
  3. I really like the format that Martha S. used in her most recent blog post. I'm thinking about doing something similar to that soon...especially since it is that time of year when everyone stops to reflect on what they are most thankful for. 

A random picture of the chickens. 

In other news, I have acquired a new pet. Max is a registered Nigerian Pygmy Goat who was given to me as a gift by Tim! Who else's boyfriend gives them a goat as a present? Yeah, I know...everyone is jealous now, because a pet goat is what every girl wants haha...but in all seriousness, I love that little guy and am sad that my parents won't let me keep him here so that I can spoil him with treats all the time! He will come running up to me when I am outside and he lets me brush him. He is almost exactly like a dog, except for trying to eat my clothing and hair! 
My new pet, Max.

Ever since I was a child, I have wanted a paddle boat. My parents never would get one because they said that they were too expensive. Of course, we would finally be given one by the time that I am almost too old to enjoy it and when cold weather is approaching. However, that didn't stop me from taking it for a test run in the pond. My dad gave it a new paint job and I think it looks great. 


I think I'm gonna go for now, because that is all of the random updates that I can think about at the moment. I have been wanting to do some more baking, so maybe my next post will be about a pumpkin pie, or some Oreo balls (I haven't stopped thinking about then since Granny Eyre brought them to the Halloween party). 

Until next time, 

-Miss Ellaneous

No comments: