Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, November 10, 2014

Trial & Error, & Random

The Trial & Error

We had some very ripe bananas at the house this morning so I decided to make some pancakes that I'd seen on Pinterest with only three ingredients...egg, banana and some cinnamon. The "recipe" I followed didn't come with any instruction, so I just mixed 1 banana, 1 egg, & some cinnamon together and put it in the skillet. It may have been cook-error, but I wasn't very pleased with their consistency. The flavor wasn't bad, I just kept thinking about how they reminded me of scrambled eggs with banana and cinnamon in them. I just wanted to share this recent Pinterest semi-fail to say, if I were you, I wouldn't try making pancakes without flour.

I'm really excited...I've been making a baby blanket for my beau's sister. The baby shower is next weekend so I've been working extra hard on getting it done and this morning I basically finished knitting the rows, I just haven't bound off the stitches yet. This has been somewhat of a trial-and-error project because I've never knit a baby blanket before and I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough yarn to finish. Luckily enough, I do! I'll post pictures of the finished product soon! 

Other Events

1. This weekend...I grabbed a really good deal at Meyer's. I'm putting this out there in case anyone else is interested. Meyer's in Lexington had their raspberries on sale for 2/$1 for their 6 oz. cartons...which is a steal! I'm not sure, but I think other Meyer's may be having the same sale. Needless to say, I bought several packages and next on my list of things to do today is freeze most of those berries. 
I paid $3.50 for $27 worth of raspberries

2. The beau, Captain Something Fun, Granny Eyre and I played Rook before going to the Homecoming Block Party on Friday. It's always nice to play some Rook. 

 3. The fall colors are slowly fading, but my beau got this photo of Nova and I before all the leaves were gone! 

4. We got a cute photo yesterday with the new bunny. Just wanted to share it :) 

Well that's all she wrote, folks,
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: