Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, November 24, 2014

Knitting My First Baby Blanket

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been getting back into knitting. I've been knitting since I was 10 or 11, but it hasn't been a steady hobby since that age. I've made scarves mainly and have never gone too far beyond them. So..when my Mom suggested I make a baby blanket for my beau's sister, I was excited to get back into this hobby and make something sweet for my beau's future niece. I went to the shower last weekend and his sister and their family all loved it, which was very rewarding after spending so much time working on it. If you're interested in the pattern for this cute and easy blanket, go here! It's super simple: all knitting and it includes a cute border around the edge. So...here it the blanket!


Making handmade items and using them for yourself is always a nice feeling, but it's even nicer to see someone else being able to use and appreciate something you've made. So, I've also been trying to start making more knitted items (especially with Christmas right around the corner), but I have yet to start on anything else. When I can get some help from the master knitter, my momma, I will be able to start on some new items..which I hope to keep you posted on! :) 

-The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: