Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, September 8, 2014

So much fun!

There have been so many reasons I should have made blog posts these past couple weeks, but I haven't felt motivated to. So, I will make this blog post very full of news and adventures I have been having in the month of August and early September!

I've been baking. I made blueberry scones recently and they were delicious! I froze about half of them to get out as I crave them and they freeze really well. I just pop them into the microwave and they're a tasty breakfast. Everyone in my family was impressed with them. If anyone is interested in making some, I used this recipe!
The state fair. I had loads of fun with my parents and my beau at the Kentucky State Fair. It has been several years since I had been to the fair so it was a real treat to go this year. We had so much fun checking out the animals, entries & exhibits, and watching performers! 
Top photos: award-winning decorative cakes;
bottom left: duck-tape flowers entered by a 4-Her; and the largest watermelon! 
Exploring Luh-ah-vul. Labor day weekend, my beau and I went to Louisville to celebrate the anniversary of our first date-- we've known each other for 1 year! :) We ate lunch at The Cheesecake Factory which was scrumptious and walked around St. Matthew's Mall. Then we went to downtown Louisville where WorldFest 2014 was going on. There was a large number of people at this festival and some interesting cultural performers along with numerous vendors. On the walk back to the parking garage we needed to find a bathroom and we happened upon a really interesting hotel by turning down Main Street. It's called 21c Museum Hotel and it was an eccentric place. We went inside and were unsure what this place may be. There was so much neat artwork and exhibits that we thought it was just an art museum, then we realized it was a hotel and a sort of modern art museum. It was a fascinating place. If you're ever near Main Street in Louisville I would recommend stopping in just to look around. 
One of the hotel's exhibits which could be seen from outside the building
Fun Outside. 
Last weekend my beau finished up cutting and baling his hay. I decided to help him out and on Saturday I went to his farm and helped him move the hay out of the field. We both started on tractors, then when we got farther out into the field we used his truck, "Bondo", and trailer to haul several bales at once. We spent from mid-afternoon through the entire evening hauling hay bales. It was tiring but I was glad I could help him out!
My view from Bondo
To celebrate Labor Day my beau, his cousin and I took a trip to a nearby creek with the ATVs and went riding in and around the creek and on surrounding trails. We really enjoyed the riding and the scenery was beautiful.
The beaver dam from a distance
The big catch. Yesterday we took a fishing trip with the beau's grandpa and cousin. I reeled in the biggest fish of my life last night and it was very exciting! It was a 5 pound large mouth bass; it's given me a little bit of a fishing bug...We hope to go night fishing soon!

I hope you've enjoyed my random update. I'll try not to wait as long until my next post!
The Farmer's Daughter 

2 comments:

Megan F. said...

Lucas and I went to 21c when we were in Louisville for my birthday! We almost had dinner at the restaurant inside but decided to go to Hillbilly Tea instead. It was a very interesting place.

Unknown said...

Yeah? Cool! It was really neat. I'd never seen anything like it. I think I'd enjoy exploring with you an Lucas. You two always find interesting places!