Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lessons From Food Service: Cupcakes

So when I was younger my parent's use to ask me if "Bob" told you to jump off a bridge would you? I would always answer with an empathic no. I am sure many of you have heard this expression used as well. Most of the times in regards to doing something "stupid". Well this post in a real life story in which a very similar story was played out.
I was standing in the dessert line at food service waiting patiently in line to ice my two cupcakes with the multiple flavors of icing set out before me. There was a student in front of me trying to decide what flavor to ice his cupcake. He asked me what flavor I thought the pinkish looking one was. I told him that it was probably strawberry and that he should lick it to make for sure. I added that I wouldn't tell anyone if he licked the spoon. Well this silly person went and listened to me exactly to a T. He even put the licked spoon back in the icing bowl. Bad mistake. Mr. Food service worker got very exasperated and stormed off with the icing never to be seen again.
The moral of this story is you don't have to do everything someone might tell you. I feel as though I learned this lesson way before I entered college. I guess some people will never learn that lesson. I feel bad for the people who may have wanted that icing though, whatever flavor it may have been. Another lesson to be learned is, if you want to taste test something bring your own clean spoon... nuff said.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at you being a bad influence! Haha! jk!