Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Anticipation

To take a break from my homework, I decided to post a bit about recent happenings and future happenings that I'm excited about.

Recent Happenings
After a recent bout with tendonitis, I am finally starting to heal up. Thank goodness! My leg hasn't been swelling up nearly as frequently or been nearly as tender and painful as it was. It's scary how even an injury as minor as mine is can dramatically impact the day so extensively. At first, I had no choice but to be practically sedentary for about a week. Then, I had to take frequent breaks so my leg wouldn't swell up and become painful. Needless to say, the experience was humbling and made me grateful for the health I have been blessed with.

Going off of that, our trip to New Orleans began only three days after my urgentcare visit. Honestly, although I enjoyed it, I spent most of trip lagging behind the hubs and sis attempting to keep up with them with my bum leg. I had to miss out on a few adventures because I physically couldn't participate. Again, the whole experience was eye opening. Despite my setbacks, I got to go to the cathedral again, ride the streetcars, see the riverfront, go to the World War II museum, enjoy some scrumptious food and live music. NOLA is a city to see y'all.

I've also been cooking up a storm lately. I've made chili, from scratch biscuits, an apple pumpkin pudding, cookies, gumbo-laya, and others. It's been my main source of me time and stress relief since I haven't been able to do much physical activity.

Future Happenings
Goodness, there are lots of things coming up that I'm excited about (anticipating -- hence the blog title) so I'm just going to make a quick list so I don't have to do so much writing and y'all don't have to do so much reading.

1.) Halloween parties galore - Carnival for school, trick or treat at work, and party on the farm!
2.) Check-up - Seeing the doc this Thursday with hopes to set my mind at ease about my health.
3.) Thanksgiving - The way it is working out with work and school, we get to go home for SIX days. I am super happy to spend some QT with our families.
4.) There's only a little over 6 weeks left in the semester! It has zipped by but I'm ready for this one to be over. It has been a drag.

Excited to see everyone on Saturday! Adios.


No comments: