Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Northern Ky

I'm about a month overdue on making a blog post, but it's better late than never I suppose. I'm going to have to start putting blog post reminders on a calendar or something so that I won't forget. Even though my life hasn't been too exciting lately, I will fill you in on what you've missed.

I have been feeling under the weather the past few days. Sore throat, runny nose, headache, etc...I'm still not exactly sure what is wrong with me, but I think it may be allergies or a cold. Whatever it is, I will be glad when it goes away. I thought I was going to lose my voice for a minute, but luckily for everyone around me, I didn't! Haha! (I know how much people LOVE hearing me talk all the time!). 

Recently, I went to Tire Discounters in Richmond and got new tires put on my car. About $500 later (tires + a couple parts), my car is now ready to hit the road. I still need some work done on my exhaust, which I will do as soon as I get the money & free time to take it somewhere. Since I was really mean to my car and hurt it, I decided that I would be nice to it and clean it out. I vacuumed it out and bought some new mats to go in the floorboard. (I'm being ridiculous, I know!) 

Callie loves to ride in the car, and although she can be a pain sometimes, I look forward to seeing her sweet face whenever I get home. She is such a happy puppy and has grown so much since I got her. I love seeing her personality come out more and more every day. 

 A couple weekends ago, I went to Northern KY to spend some time on the farm. Here are a few pictures from my visit.

One popular food in Northern Ky is chili cheese dogs, or "coneys" as they call them. I know that people eat chili dogs here too, but it seems to be more of a big deal up there. I was teasing Tim about how much cheese he puts on his coneys, saying that he likes a little chili dog with his cheese! Haha!

Tim and Midnight, his nurse cow.
A baby calf sucking on my fingers. It tickled!

The donkeys were so sweet and funny!
One of the donkeys had zebra stripes under her eyes. So cool!
And one random photo before I go:

I found a freshly-hatched monarch butterfly after my bus route the other day.

Until next time, 

-Miss Ellaneous

No comments: