Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Family & Fitness

This past weekend, my mom, dad, brother, and great grandmother came up to visit. I opened birthday gifts they brought me. We ate lunch at Jackson's, a yummy Southern cooking restaurant with very reasonable prices. Then, I gave them a tour of EKU and introduced them to the goodness that is Purdy's. We sat around and chatted at home for awhile before they had to leave. I was sad to see them go. Although I am slowly adjusting to being away from my family for the long term, I still think about them everyday and wish I was able to spend more time with them. Thankfully, we've got wonderful friends here that help us make Richmond a home away from home.

Lately, I have also being doing more in the realm of shopping and fitness. I have been to several yoga classes lately and attended my first 6:00am cycling class this morning. It was definitely tough but I enjoyed it. As far as shopping goes, I have been on the hunt for fall clothes. So far, I have gotten one long sleeve shirt, one sweater, one cardigan, a pair of jeans, a pair of end-of-season sandals, and a few accessories. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures as I wear them so that I can post them later.

A few other exciting tidbits:
* I made a 100% on my first advanced anatomy test! After studying for hours and hours, I was super proud.
* My sister is visiting this weekend!! Since she had to work when everyone else came up, she decided to come and stay for three days! I'm super excited to see her.
* The salted caramel mocha at Starbucks is where it's at. In other words, it's better than the infamous PSL in my opinion. You should try it!

A lesser exciting tidbit:
* I must cease this post and return to studying my notes over ALS, Parkinson's, MS, post-polio and several other neuromuscular conditions because I am definitely not ready for the exam tomorrow.

Hope to see each of you soon!

Hugs,

No comments: