Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Riding the Bus

This past week has been crazy! I started working as a bus monitor, and so far I really enjoy it. I have worked on a bus with special needs children, as well as a bus full of elementary school kids, mainly riding with them in the afternoons. Since I have never been a bus monitor before, I have had to really get to know the rules on the bus and make sure that everybody follows them. Even though the buses have most of the same rules, they all operate at least a little bit differently, mainly because of the drivers' personalities and the personalities and individual needs of the children. Due to this, I really have to stay on my toes whenever I change routes. 
Although I was a Child & Family Studies major in college, I spent more of my time inside the classroom learning about children than actually being around them. However, I have gained some experience recently in being around children. I talked to the elementary school boys about their toy cars, four wheelers, and dirt bikes, while the little girls asked me how I got my hair to look the way that it did and how old I was when I got my ears pierced. One little boy raised his hand just to tell me that he thought I was pretty, which I believe took a lot of guts and made my day. For the most part, the children have been well-behaved, which has made it easier for me to adjust to my new job. 
In other news, I have been helping one of my friends remodel her house. I have pulled carpet and tack strips, sanded down plaster that was used to patch holes in the walls, and stripped wallpaper. I have been going there in my free time and trying to get as much done as possible. Although I enjoy working on home remodel projects, I will be glad to see her house whenever the walls are painted and the new carpet has been installed. Because that's when the decorating can begin! 

If you want to know more about what has been going on in my crazy life, then feel free to contact me. Even though I'm not a very private person, I still don't want to put all my business out for everyone to see on the internet and would prefer if we talked one-on-one! Haha! Also, if you have any advice for how to keep misbehaving kids in line, then I would appreciate that as well. I know a couple of the 20-somethings have quite a bit of experience in that field. 

I apologize for this post being so random, but I felt like I needed to post an update on here, but am also too tired to re-read it and edit it like I normally try to do. Hopefully, I will be able to do better about making regular posts in the future. 

Until next time, 

Miss Ellaneous



No comments: