Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Bounty

It's August..and that means we have tons of fresh veggies here on the farm! We have a jungle of tomato plants, a viney, leafy tangle of cantaloupe, watermelon, and squash and loads of different types of peppers among other veggies. There are also some sunflowers (one of my personal favorites) in the garden which are blooming and turned out to be a really beautiful variety. Can you believe I counted 20 cantaloupe on the vine!? We have yet to try one, but I picked one that was ready the other day and we should be eating it (and many more) for breakfast soon. If you remember, I posted about a watermelon that appeared to be ready but was unripe when I cut it open. I cut open two of the watermelon today and they were both ready! I was happy to see it.

Tomatoes galore!
Mom even wheeled a cart full of veggies down the hallway at her school today, delivering veggies to teachers who enjoy them!! If you would like some veggies, know where I live, and want to come visit, you should come now while the garden is plentiful and enjoy them on your kitchen table too.
These shelves and another hold tomatoes waiting to be eaten...
Peppers, peppers, peppers...these are all from one picking

Here's to more bounty from the garden! 
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: