Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Literacy Night and another adventure

Last night I had the opportunity to help out at my former labor position from college. The month of March is somewhat commonly known as literacy month. It is also the month in which Dr. Seuss has a birthday, which him being a childrens book creator, adds to the hype of the month in the education world. Last night the CDL hosted their annual literacy night. This is a celebration of literacy geared toward the youngsters that go to the center. There were many games and activities that related to the happenings in many Dr. Seuss books. There is also appearances made by thing 1 and thing 2, and The Cat in the Hat himself. But what kind of celebration would it be if there wasn't any food? That's where I come in. Every year that I worked at the cdl as a student, I would volunteer in the kitchen making popcorn. Even though I am not a labor student anymore, I got invited to come back and help out in the kitchen again. It was a great night popping popcorn and catching up with people. Seeing the cute little children added to the greatness of the night.

Another happening of this past week was getting to go to a concert for free. Eyre knows people with connections apparently because we both got tickets to see Third Day and Brandon Heath for a night of worship. The beginning of the concert was a bit scary for me because I was sitting alone with a lot of people I didn't know and it was overwhelming for me. But a little later Eyre was able to join me because of an empty seat. During the evening I heard many songs, some I knew, some I didn't but that was okay. I love listening to music because songs tell stories and with this particular genre of music the stories point to God and that is pretty amazing to me. Fun tidbit from that evening is that we went to IHOP for dinner and I got some chocolate chip pancakes and they were scrumptious!
Well that's about it for now. Captain Something Fun signing off.

No comments: