Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Sunday, February 8, 2015

It's the Small Things

So Granny Eyre informed me that is my turn to make a blog post, who'd a thunk it. Anyways my life has been a bit busy with classes, work, and church these past few weeks. I took the GRE (secretly known as the Grueling Rhino's Examination). It was interesting exam which I am not allowed to disclose much information about so I will try my best not to go into too great of detail about that part of my day. Which incase you were wondering I have had a fabulous weekend. It started around 5 oclock when all the children went home early for various reasons so I was able to shut down the classroom and leave early. Then meet up at church to eat a home cooked meal of lasagna and spaghetti, with a bit of salad and bread to go along with it. It was very scrumptious! The plan was to watch God's Not Dead, which after the third viewing can still say this is an excellent movie that I would recommend any one to watch. It was about 930 when the movie was finished but the night was still young. A group of us from my sunday school class where still awake and up for anything so of course we had to play Apples to Apples. I get too competitive with this game but I still enjoy it even if I only received one green apple card :(. I wake up Saturday morning ready to conquer this monstrous exam that will decidedly determine my future education plans eek. Granny Eyre spent the night because it was late and on her way to leave she handed me my own personal GRE ready bag filled with chocolate, mints, and Bubbles! I must say for those of you who do not know, I seriously hate taking exams of any sorts. It is not the content questions that bother me just the sheer amount of time it takes. I cannot sit still for long amounts of time like that so I tend to just rush through exams. Probably not the best practices to use. It did not help that I am a bit sick and runny noses are not conducive to taking exams either. In happier news my little friends at work have been super wonderful, exciting, and adventurous lately. We play lots of games and sing songs. I am going to teach you all some of these songs the next time we are all together especially the Farmers Daughter because I think she could use them in her classroom as well. Sometimes I get stuck on songs and just listen to them on repeat all day long. Right now that song is Jesus, Only Jesus- by Philips, Craig, and Dean. It is very good song that paints a picture of what it is like to know/have Jesus with you. As I mentioned in a really long ago post, if you have any songs that you like you should share with me because I love music! Another wonderful thing that has happened is someone in my dorm did my house duty for me this week :) I am not sure who or why but someone cleaned for me and it is very much appreciated because it gives me time to breathe. That is it for now. Peace to you all!

No comments: