Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow, continued

Here are a few pictures from last week:
Callie enjoying the snow. 

My driveway the morning after the big snow. 
I spent a few hours out here shoveling away last week. I got the majority of the driveway cleared. I wish I would have taken an after photo so you could see all my hard work!

Also during the week, I started making a t-shirt quilt and did some reading. I will share pictures of my quilt after I actually start piecing it together, since it's just a bunch of squares right now. I spent a couple nights at my sister's house and did some shoveling in her driveway as well. I feel like I did other stuff too, but I really can't remember what it was at this point.


 I enjoyed the snow at first, but now I am starting to wonder if it will ever go away. At least now the roads are mostly cleared and school is back in session. I've found that it has been difficult for me to get back into a normal routine after doing what I wanted when I wanted and being lazy for a week.

Granny Eyre had a small get together on Friday night for all of us. All of the TwentySomethings were there, so I don't really feel the need to elaborate much on what we did. However, I will say that I enjoyed myself very much and was happy to get to spend time with my closest friends again. It has become more difficult to see one another since we aren't all in the same place anymore, but I feel lucky to have friends who make a huge effort to maintain friendships and stay close...if not in distance, then in our hearts. I love receiving letters from you guys in the mail and even something as simple as a Snapchat can make my day better. It's really the little things in life that matter the most!

As most of you know, Sunday was my birthday. It started out with my dad making breakfast for us. The Farmer's Daughter had spent the night with me. It has been awhile since I had a friend over to the house, so I was excited to have her company. Later in the day, I went to my sister's house for some birthday cake. We made a spontaneous decision to go out to dinner and a movie. My sister and her friend had been wanting to see 50 Shades of Grey, and I wanted to go to Applebees so that's what we did. I enjoyed my meal, and the movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't really know what to expect since I hadn't read the books. My sister and her friend loved the movie and said that they would buy it on DVD when it comes out and that they couldn't wait to see the others. However, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to my friends. It's all a matter of opinion I guess.

Last night we were having trouble trying to decide what to make for supper, so I suggested breakfast foods. My mom had given me a cow-shaped skillet and some pancake mix for Christmas and I had yet to use it. I think they turned out pretty cute, but I will admit that it was difficult flipping the pancakes. My mom suggested that I flip them into another skillet to brown the other side, and so I had an assembly line of pancakes! haha!


In other news, I had a phone interview yesterday for a job that I recently applied for. I think that it went well, but won't know until next week if I will be called in for an in-person interview. I will keep you updated on that as I find out more information, and am excited at the possibility of getting a job that uses my degree.

I apologize for being so random in my post, but I've never been the best with transitions. You all should know to expect that from me by now! Haha

Take Care, 

Miss Ellaneous

No comments: