Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Another random update...

So I don't feel like I have a whole lot to write about right now, but I always enjoy reading the other TwentySomething's updates even when they don't have a specific event or topic they are writing about...so I hope you enjoy reading mine too.

First of all, I've started two new books. I bought The Happiness Project (by Gretchen Rubin) and Hearing From God Each Morning (by Joyce Meyer) last week at a thrift shop.


I wasn't exactly looking for these books in particular but I stumbled across them and decided to buy them because I've been wanting to get in the swing of reading something again because I've been missing it. I hope to keep you all posted on how I like these books. I have been trying to read the devotional every morning before I get out of bed which is a way to make sure I remember to read it and it seems like a good time to think about what I've read: when the day is new and untouched. It is still difficult though because I have to really focus on what I'm reading when I wake up early (on substitute teaching days). I really like how Meyer's formats each day's reading and gives you something to think about throughout the day at the end of the daily devotional.
I haven't read much of The Happiness Project yet, but I've really enjoyed what I read so far. It's written in a way that is easy to read and applicable to one's own life.

I'm not sure how well you'll be able to read the page with writing on it, but I hope you can. I really enjoyed this page. It was a list of her "Secrets of Adulthood". A few on the list of things she has learned as an adult are, "'Do good, feel good', 'Bring a sweater', 'You don't have to be good at everything', and 'By doing a little each day, you can get a lot accomplished', among others. I like how I can relate to the author and practical she seems to be. I hope it continues to be as good as the first 20 pages have been. 

On another note, as Miss Ellaneous mentioned in the previous post, it was so much fun to visit and catch up with our fellow TwentySomethings last weekend. I have a few photos from Friday and Saturday that you all may enjoy seeing. I really hope we can all get together again soon!! Granny Eyre was a fun hostess and her Unbirthday Party was very cute.
Granny Eyre wearing the beginning of my folded paper
container (made from re-purposed dictionary paper)
Our delicious Saturday morning breakfast
The spread: farm fresh scrambled eggs with cheese,
pancakes with strawberries & syrup, OJ & coffee
Birthday Girl: Miss Ellaneous
It feels sorta short to sign off already, but that's all I can think of to share with you. Hopefully something exciting will happen soon and I can write about it! 
The Farmer's Daughter 

No comments: