Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Monday, February 15, 2016

Lemon Bars

Do you have a favorite dessert that you used to have as a kid? If you're like me, you probably had LOTS of favorite desserts growing up. Although ice cream was probably my all-time favorite, I also really loved the lemon bars that my grandmother used to make. They had just the right amount of sweet vs. sour.

I had a couple lemons sitting on the counter from grocery shopping last week, so I decided to give it a try. I didn't have my grandmother's recipe, so I found one on allrecipes.com and made that one. This definitely isn't a healthy recipe (it calls for 2 sticks of butter, just in the crust!) and lots of sugar! I used real cane sugar, because I'm trying to eat healthier. I can feel you judging me, but please remember that small steps in the right direction still matter! And there is fruit in there!


All in all, the lemon bars turned out pretty well. I haven't had any complaints from anyone who has tried them. Next time, I will try to put more of the lemon mixture and less of the "bar," or the crust part at the bottom.

The recipe I used can be found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/10294/the-best-lemon-bars/?internalSource=staff%20pick&referringId=1995&referringContentType=recipe%20hub

                                                                                                                            -Miss Ellaneous

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They were very yummy!