Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Recent Happenings..

...in the life of The Farmer's Daughter. Hey, that's me!
I decided since I haven't seen most of my good friends (and fellow Twenty Somethings) in about a week, they might need a catch-up on my life. Today, I went to Frankfort with my fellow OT students. We went to the Capitol, met with legislators, and advocated for bills that we wanted or didn't want passed. It was neat, but honestly, there was so much waiting around. Waiting to meet with legislators and waiting for the next event. But it was still interesting and one of my group members said they kept flashing to the Netflix original, House of Cards, while they were watching the legislators walk around. The lives of these people is intriguing, I might just have to add that show to my list of things I want to watch on Netflix. (Not what I should really be doing with my time!)
J and I observing the Fairness Rally
By the way, thanks for hosting a really cute
Galentine's Day party last week, Granny Eyre! 
Also, I have a new-to-me vehicle (aka my Mom's old car). It was bittersweet to say goodbye to Cruella, and she is still at my parent's house, but it is sooooo nice to be in a better vehicle. It's the little things, like a well running heater, an in tact headliner, slightly tinted windows, and a little bit more room in the cab of the vehicle..oh, and bigger cup holders! Needless to say, I'm happy I got to upgrade!

It is also official, I will be staying in Berea for the summer and through the fall of next year (maybe longer). My landlords were asking about my plans and I decided, if they wanted me to stick around for the fall of next year, I would like to stay. I wouldn't mind spending my summer at home, but I should be able to visit home more often when I don't have classes this summer.

Speaking of my little apartment, I am very happy with how my plant shelf is coming along. While I was home for winter break I found a small shelf that is supposed to be mounted on the wall. I had visions of sitting it in front of my little window in my bedroom/living room and putting plants on it. My mother has the greenest thumb you'll ever see, so I knew she'd love the idea. I upcycled several tin cans by painting them and using them for the pots. The idea was to use all tin cans, but that didn't actually happen. Anyway, she replanted several low-light plants she had into the cans and other small pots for me. It brightens the living room and makes me happy!

I really liked this silhouette photo I took of it on Sunday
I hope you enjoyed my little update!
The Farmer's Daughter

No comments: