Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

What I'm Thankful For

Well, although Thanksgiving has passed, I still want to share a few things I'm thankful for this holiday season.

1.) A wonderful M.D. I have had several not-so-good experiences with doctors in the past. In our for-profit healthcare system, it can be hard to find practitioners that work hard to make clients feel assurance with the care they receive. The M.D. I started seeing in October, Dr. Yin, has ensured that I feel confident in my health. He is thorough. He listens. And is kind too. I truly appreciate him.

2.) Good cookin' Being home for Thanksgiving, I ate and ate and ATE some more. Dressing, gravy, watergate salad, chocolate pie, Butterfinger trifle, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, Oreo trifle, banana pudding, ham, turkey, mac and cheese, millionaire pie, pistachio salad... the list goes on and on. I'm also thankful that I can cook decently because of some of the women who prepared the feasts this Thanksgiving. My grandmothers and great-grandmother taught me so much of what I know about cooking. I have also learned a few things from my mother-in-law over the last seven years.

3.) Our new home (and dryer!!) We've been in our townplex (we're always debating on whether it's a townhouse or duplex, so I've settled on this term) for a little over seven months now. The longer we're here, the more I like it. It's roomy enough to accommodate guests for parties and overnight stays. The utilities are CHEAPCHEAP for its size. Plus, we're slowly making it feel homey-er. And yes, we finally purchased a new dryer as the majority of our Christmas for one another. It should be delivered sometime next week and I am soooo EXCITED! No more drying racks. No more single loads per day. I'll be able to all our laundry on Saturday's if I want to. Woohoo!

4.) Online banking Gosh, if Lucas and I didn't have it, I don't hardly know what we'd do. We check our accounts religiously. It makes it soo much easier to keep up with spending. We still have to pay a few bills by check..... nightmare. Good example: Sent a check in the mail to pay my doctor bill over a week and a half ago. It still hasn't came out of our account. It's a pretty big bill and there's nothing we can do but wait and calculate that out every single time we need to know how much expendable money we have. Blargh. So for us this tech-driven feature is a godsend.

Since I have been sitting at the computer off and on for over two hours now... I'm going to stop here. Maybe I'll add to it again soon. Adios.


No comments: