Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Lessons From Psalm 23

This is a very familiar psalm for many people, myself included. While reading this piece of passage just a bit ago I realized something I’ve never known before. Shepherd staffs have hooks on them to help pull the sheep back to them. Duh right? Not for me until now. God is always there leading my not so brilliant self around. There are many distractions satan and this world distract me with. From those distractions I sometimes get stuck in some giant holes but God the great shepherd has his staff with the hook on the end pulling me back when I start to wander away. I am so blessed to have God in my life pulling me back from those tight spots. This semester I have learned a lot more about how God, in all His greatness, can still keep pulling me back to Him no matter how far away I get. Something else to take away from this psalm is that no matter how scary life gets, for me that happens a lot, God will always be there for you fighting to keep you.

No comments: