Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Friday, December 5, 2014

Work, Work, Work!

This post will probably be a bit short, because I have to get up early in the morning. I have been working almost non-stop recently and it's starting to catch up with me. Also, I had almost completed this blog post and my wonderful computer decided it was going to restart itself and I lost everything I had just written. But anyways, I am still riding the bus and have also started doing some custodial work at the middle & high school. Tonight, I didn't get home until almost 9 pm. Custodial work is hard work. I admit that I have taken janitors for granted until now. Their job is one where nobody really realizes that you are doing it until you don't. It's one where you work long hours behind the scenes to make sure that whatever building you are cleaning looks presentable. They are the ones who make sure you have toilet paper in public restrooms! Haha! I have had to do things that most people would turn their nose up at, like scrubbing toilets and scraping used chewing gum off of the floor. I have spent long hours on my feet, and had to do quite a bit of heavy lifting. To be honest, though, I don't mind it because all of the people I have worked with have been so kind and helpful. The people who you work with on a daily basis really will make or break a job, and I am thankful to be surrounded by smiling faces. This job pays a little more than the bus monitoring job, but I have missed seeing the kids on the bus as much as I was.

All of this being said, I do not plan to be a sub bus monitor or janitor for the rest of my life. Many people seem to be worried about me because I do not have a better paying job, or one that uses my degree. I am confident that I will get one eventually, but I have been so busy working that I haven't had time to be on the job search, and you can't usually get a job without applying to it! Haha!  Hopefully, Christmas break will give me some time to relax and recoup and I will be able to get my crap together. 

All of this time working has kept me away from home quite a bit, and I am sure paying for it! I recently bought a wireless dog collar for Callie, which has allowed her to roam free in the yard. She can only go 95 feet away from the house with the collar, or she will get shocked. It only took a couple times being shocked for her to learn her boundaries and there have been no more issues with her leaving the gate to bother the neighbors or chasing the chickens. However, she now has a new favorite pastime, which includes tearing up everything that she can get her little paws on. 
Callie made a mess of my mom's flower pots on the porch.
She also tore up an expensive pair of muck boots
Both my parents got new laptops for the first time on Black Friday and have had their noses stuck in them ever since. So, between working, cleaning up after Callie, and taking care of the household chores virtually by myself, I have had little time to think about much else. At least I can't complain about being bored, right? However, I do really miss my friends and am looking forward to seeing all of you very soon. Many of you have been posting about what you are thankful for, and the thing I would be most thankful for would be free time..if I had any! LOL

Until next time, 

-Miss Ellaneous

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Callie has been busy!