Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Tidbits for Twenty Somethings

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Double Dog Dare Ya!

Today at work there were a few extra minutes of down time in between cleaning up lunch messes and getting ready for snack time. Usually I take the down time to sit down in the available chair in the kitchen and close my eyes but as soon as I sat down to do just that Katie, the second in charge of the kitchen, asked me to do a prank. Mind you this is not the first time she has asked me to do some prank idea she has made up. I was feeling a bit mischievous so I asked Katie what she had in mind. She wanted to prank call another student worker, like me, who was was up at the front desk covering for the main lady.
think bubble time...
(I have always loved the idea of prank calls and have been in on a few myself along with the help of some friends of course. The problem is though I start laughing so much just at the idea of what I am suppose to be saying to the person on the receiver that I give myself away, added with the fact that I am terrified of talking on the phone, these two things are not a good combination.) 
end think bubble...
When Katie got done explaining to me her idea I said to her, "Who is gonna call Chelsea(the student worker up front)?" This is when things started to get real. Katie told me to do it. She said, "I double dog dare you to!" I could not help but laugh when she said that. I have not heard that phrase used in a long time, mainly only growing up with my siblings and our crazy ideas to beat each other at something. Thinking of a comeback because I really did not want to be the person doing the calling I triple dog dared her to do it. This daring each other to infinity and beyond back and forth lasted about five minutes. Seeing as I infinity and beyond dared Katie, it was technically her that should of had to make the prank call but as she is older and more in charge, she bowed out. Not without a plan though. Three teachers and a minute later our prank was ready to go. (It was hard to find a willing teacher who was on break). Phone in hand Ms. Leighann dialed the extension to reach the front desk. I won't go into detail about the conversation except to say this, it involved a refrigerator running and sending someone to catch it. All in all I would say that it was a good, healthy prank. No one got hurt and there were lots of laughs shared around the building. 

If any of you reading this has a good idea for a prank of sorts please comment below!

Signing off for now,
Captain Fun Something

No comments: